After spending the evening frightening our children, now let’s do something wholesome and delicious with your pumpkin pulp…and it’s not pulp fiction! Here is a recipe for pumpkin soup, we tried it the other day it’s fabulous and also vegan friendly, happy days!
- Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 Onion (chopped)
- 2 Cloves Garlic (crushed)
- 1 tsp Ginger (minced or finely chopped)
- 1 tsp Thyme
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 9 cups (2.2lb/1kg) Pumpkin (peeled and cubed)
- 1 14oz (400ml) Can Coconut Cream
- 1 and 1/2 cups (360ml) Vegetable Stock/Broth
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Add the coconut oil to a pot with the chopped onion, garlic and ginger and sauté.
- Then add the thyme and cayenne pepper and sauté until the onions are softened.
- Add in the coconut cream and vegetable stock and the pumpkin and bring to the boil.
- Turn down the heat and simmer until the pumpkin is soft and cooked (around 10 minutes).
- Use a blender to blend smooth inside the pot.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with some pumpkin seeds as garnish (optional).